Looking to hire a Chief Administration Officer
A CAO – otherwise known as a Chief Administrative Officer, is an executive who regularly reports to the CEO – Chief Executive Officer.
When looking to hire a Chief Administration Officer, it is important to realise what their key responsibilities consist of?
- Strategic planning and offering input for business.
- Goal and target-setting for individual employees and departments.
- Teaming up with colleagues to apply strategies and work towards improvements.
The CAO should have these attributes:
- An individual who is able to manage daily administrative operations.
- He or she will form part of the executive team, although this individual will report directly to the CEO, with their work playing a major role in the overall function of the business.
- The CAO is an organised individual with a vision for strategies to the day-to-day activities of the company.
- To sum up, the CAO is efficient, good with people and able to lead.
The main functions of the CAO include:
- Set goals for individuals, individual managers and also departments.
- Oversees the allocation of all materials.
- Oversees budgeting.
- Teams up with colleagues to enforce certain policies and devise improvements.
- Coordinates all operations that are taken on are co-ordinated between all individuals and teams within the business.
- Guides and nurtures staff and carries out evaluations of the staff.
- Time management of projects and issues.
- The CAO needs to have brilliant organisational skills, as well as a thorough understanding of business functions including finances and HR.
If you are looking to hire a Chief Administration Officer, we partner with companies to place leaders and top talent to deliver talent solutions across Africa.